Why join Lifetime Quest?
With an annual membership, you can open the door to an exciting array of mini-programs, special events, and travel ventures. You may want to audit an Educational course, get fit by taking a water aerobics class, and join the Lifetime Quest Reading and Discussion Group. There are also a variety of topics that are presented each month at the Lunch Bunch: this will be from authors, demonstration, music, and faculty members explain their programs offered. Lifetime Quest also sponsors travel adventures in state and out.
As a member you can:
- Participate in programs and events at Lifetime Quest (some free, some with additional fees);
- Receive free admission to the Arts & Letters Series unless specified differently. Must show your LTQ badge or membership card;
- Attend interesting and informative monthly “Lunch Bunch” meetings with a special discount rate in the MCC cafeteria;
- Use the MCC library;
- Attend athletic games by presenting your membership card or badge (except for tournament games);
- Take advantage of the Dental Hygiene Lab services;
- Receive a discount at the MCC “Eagle’s Nest Bookstore”;
- Receive a semi-annual newsletter and monthly calendar highlighting LTQ events;
- Audit a general education class at no cost based on space-availability and on the instructor.
Where do Lifetime Questers go?
Lifetime Quest, learning in Retirement Center, offers many travel opportunities throughout the year, day trips as well as overnight trips. Since 1980, MCC has sponsored travel programs. With the inauguration of the Lifetime Quest program in 1995, and under its sponsorship, the travel program has grown.
Recent travel opportunities have included day trips to Bay St. Louis, Birmingham, New Orleans, to the French Quarter Festival. Other day trips have included Sebastopol, Columbus, Jackson, Laurel and Gee’s Bend, Alabama to visit the famous quilters. Of course anytime we have a day trip, we have to include time to shop. The Questers are shop-a-holic’s. All of our trips are on a first come first serve basis. Most importantly, the trips are offered to Lifetime Questers first, then if there is an opening it is offered to non-members. We have had great travels during the fall of the year to visit Helen, Georgia, Chattanooga, Tennessee and recently to Huntsville, Alabama. We have had Spring travels to see Fairhope, Alabama, Corinth, Mississippi, Clarksdale/Cleveland, Mississippi and Biloxi, Mississippi. Christmas of 2017, we traveled to Asheville, North Carolina and visited Biltmore. In October of 2018 we will be traveling to Washington, DC. There are plans for many more trips in the future.
Who participates in Lifetime Quest?
People with many different interests participate in Lifetime Quest programs. Offerings include a wide variety of topics ranging from the Lifetime Quest Reading & Discussion Group, discounted water aerobics, BINGO, the Annual Meeting in August, and our annual Christmas Gathering.
Our Lunch Bunch is offered monthly year round and the Lifetime Quest Reading & Discussion Group is as well. We have had an array of speakers for Lunch Bunch from story teller, paint demonstration, a musical, different programs from the Occupational programs at Meridian Community College, and a quilting/crafts demonstration.