Procedures and Rules
- All students who test at the eLearning Center must present proper identification (current) MCC ID for MCC students or student ID/driver’s license/state issued ID/military ID for non-MCC students). Copies of identification are not permitted.
- All students must have an existing appointment and sign in when entering and exiting the Assessment Center. We do not schedule appointments or take walk-in appointments.
- The eLearning Center will close at the regularly scheduled and posted times. Students must submit exams by the scheduled closing time.
- The following items are NOT allowed either in the eLearning Center or near the testing computers:
- Hats (male and female) must be left in the designated area. This includes hoods, caps, wraps, hoodie-style sweatshirts with the hood up over the head, etc.
- Electronic equipment (including but not limited to) cell phones, smartwatches, iPods, MP3 players, tablets, laptops, CDs, DVDs, flash drives, etc. must be left in the designated area. Cell phones must be silenced or turned off before being locked up. A cell phone going off (including alarms) in our lobby will result in your test being interrupted and escorted to the locker to turn off your phone. You will not be permitted to make up missed testing time.
- Food or Drinks
- Books/notes/note cards/scratch paper/formula sheets/etc. with anything written before a testing access code/password is entered, etc. or use of any other website besides the exam site.
- Children, visitors, and other guests are not allowed to be in the testing lab or lobby at any time.
- No animals are allowed, unless for pre-approved accommodations such as service animals.
In order to ensure a student has adequate time to complete his or her proctored exam, the Holladay Center for eLearning will not administer any tests 45 minutes prior to closing. Anyone who arrives at the center after these times will not be tested.
Proctor site appointments fill quickly, especially during finals exams, and it is recommended students schedule these exams at the beginning of the semester. It is the responsibility of the student to schedule proctored exams. Instructions for doing so are in Canvas. Failure to make an appointment or lack of appointment availability does not constitute a test extension.
A current MCC ID is required to test, and you should arrive at least 5 minutes before your appointment time. As a reminder, the MCC testing center does not accept students past our 45 minutes-to-closing mark (for example, if the center closes at 6pm, the last tester is admitted no later than 5:15pm). In addition, students arriving to test more than 15 minutes after their scheduled test time may not be permitted to test if computers are not available.
Scheduling a Proctored Exam
The Holladay Center for eLearning provides free test proctoring services for students who are enrolled in MCC and/or MSVCC courses. If a student choose to test virtually through our virtually proctoring vender, a fee will be assessed for the service. All virtual proctoring fees are the responsibility of the student.
All proctored exams appointments will be scheduled through Proctoring. Proctoring is located in the left-hand menu of your Canvas course. If you have questions about scheduling an appointment, you may contact the Holladay Center for eLearning at 601-484-8669 or email@example.com during our hours of operation.
Schedule an eLearning Exam with an Off-Campus Proctor
If your desired testing location is not listed in Proctoring, you may request for that location to be reviewed to be added to the list of approved testing locations.
PLEASE NOTE - Off campus testing is only permitted at an approved testing center. Usual locations are a local university or college campus testing center, a Military BASE/SHIP Educational Assistance Office, or a Sylvan or Prometric testing center. All other locations will not be approved. If a student choose to test at an off campus location, proctoring fees could be incurred. All proctoring fees are the responsibility of the student. Please contact the Office of eLearning at 601-484-8669 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about Off-Campus Proctoring.
- Download the Off Campus Proctor Form, complete and return. All requested information should accompany the return.
- All request must be received at least two weeks before your first exam.
- Any fees charged by Off-Campus Proctoring sites are the responsibility of the student